Film to watch....

The Red Carpet Issue


above Scene from The Red Carpet Issue

I just watched the Red Carpet Issue this weekend. I was skipping through my new cable TV guide (it has been over 6 years since I have had cable at home) and I happened to stumble upon The Red Carpet Issue, a documentary style film with really insightful interviews about the relationship between celebrity and fashion brands by Oliver Nicklaus. I had no clue what this film was about, and I had never heard of it before. Being that I had nothing else better to do I sat and watched. At first I thought It was going to be another of those cheesy E! style red carpet specials where they "grade" the best dressed red carpet appearances, which I am not a big fan of. I love fashion, but I feel like their "best dressed" choices are average outfits with no personal style or risk.
Now that I finished watching this Documentary style film, I really recommend it to anyone who is interested in the fashion industry. Among the professionals interviewed are designers, stylists, and media and press insiders. The film goes into detail on how American culture is obsessed with celebrities and how this "obsession" has caused the fashion industry to change over the
last 20 years . Many celebrities are being paid to wear certain brands, attend red carpet events, and fashion shows.

I am a huge fan of personal style and Street Fashion. This film only made my love for Street fashion stronger ;) which is where you really can see true personal style take place, especially now where majority of our celebrities are being paid to wear certain brands, or not brave enough to take fashion risks on red carpets because of fear of landing on the dreaded "worst dressed" lists.

I just looked it up and looks like The Red Carpet Issue is going to airing on The Sundance Channel today (Sunday March 14) at 6:15. Watch it! :)

Comments