[BODA] Wedding Day

JUNE  SECOND  2018
wedding diary

As promised here is a photo diary of my wedding day!  My wedding was a complete DIY (do it yourself) "on a budget" wedding.  My husband and I were inspired by our Mexican culture and we originally talked about traveling to Mexico to have our wedding in Zacatecas.  After realizing that it would be extremely difficult to get our 200 + guests to Mexico, we decided to bring Mexico to our Southern California Wedding.  Our vision was inspired by the vibrant colors and traditions of Mexico and by the traditional elegance of Spain all paired with our casual and relaxed LA vibe.  Hope you enjoy!
For hair and makeup, I really stayed true to myself.  No question about it, left my hair down in loose waves and rocked my signature bold red lip.  I was seriously questioned about my bold lip color choice and my decision to wear my hair down many, many times but I never doubted my vision.  I feel most beautiful and secure with my hair down and my bold lip color, so why was I expected to "go more traditional" and "soft" on my wedding day?  No way.

EDIT: You can also check out all the "behind the scenes" wedding dress shopping here and here!
Ceremony and reception dresses
Having my mom with me and helping me get ready was one of the most special moments of the day, I got emotional and shed a few tears forcing my mom to do the same.
Since I started planning my wedding look I had the idea of wearing a stunning and bold Spanish inspired Mantilla veil.  I am so glad I stuck to my vision, this veil was simply dreamy and really made the ceremony so much more special.
 As you may know by now, I am ALL ABOUT THE ACCESSORIES and that was not going to change on my wedding day!
Our " first look" took place at our reception venue- Rancho Buena Vista Adobe
The religious ceremony took place at Mission San Luis Rey a historic California Mission
We chose to have a fully traditional Roman Catholic mass in Spanish, it was a way of continuing the cultural and religious traditions that have been passed down to us.  We questioned this choice many times and even felt like a hypocritical decision at times in regards to religion.  Once my husband and I were present at the church on the day of and in the presence of our family and loved ones, the moment could have not felt more perfect.  My husband and I are both so proud of our decision to follow our heart and go forward with the catholic ceremony.
The outdoor reception took place at the historic Rancho Buena Vista Adobe, in Vista CA.
For the decor, due to our limited budget, we decided to do most of it ourselves.  The blue Talavera vases, Spanish tiles, papel picado, tin stars and even the Equipale leather chair and table were purchased in Mexico over length of 6 months and a few buying trips.  The rest of the small decorations were acquired by me with frequent visits to discount stores and flea markets.

One of my Maids of Honor (yes! I had two) made this gorgeous "Anniversary Piñata" for our sign in table, to use instead of a traditional sign in book.  Very excited to break it on our one year anniversary!
"Besame Mucho" sign from Etsy
                
Staying true to our laid back vibe + our budget: tacos and Modelos were served for dinner
          
          
Again, due to our "limited" budget we served Pan Dulce for dessert and the display ended up being a very special detail for me.   The baskets and napkins we used for the table were part of my mom's and aunt's collection from when they lived in Mexico! So special, simple and full of history.
Our wedding party was introduced and walked in to Kendrick Lamar's L.O.V.E song
My husband and I walked in and were introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Lopez to Leon Bridges "Coming  Home" and in true Mexican fashion to El Mariachi Loco as well.  We then had our first dance to a mash-up of "Amorcito Corazon" and "I can't Take My Eyes Off of You" both performed live by Mariachi Los Reyes.
Another of our favorite moments of the day was the toasts.  We decided to be very selective and only allow those close to our relationship give a speech and a toast and it definitely paid off.  We were left in emotional tears and smiles of joy.
I really hope you have enjoyed this very huge wedding diary post! All details and vendors are listed and linked below.  Check out the wedding video HERE!

 PHOTOGRAPHER: The Times We Have      /      VIDEOGRAPHER: Alfredo Garcia Videografo de Historias      /      FLORALS: AHR Florals     /     PLANNING & STYLING: me :)     /      COORDINATOR:   Knots & Belles      /      HMUA: BeLoved Hair and Makeup        /    
CEREMONY VENUE: Mission San Luis Rey      /      CEREMONY DRESS: Pronovias       /     CUSTOM VEIL: Dream Dresses by Pmn      /     EARRINGS: Mercedes Salazar      /      RECEPTION VENUE: Rancho Buena Vista Adobe      /      RECEPTION DRESS: Lovers Society     /      HEADPIECE: Mignonne Handmade      /        MARIACHI: Mariachi Los Reyes     /      DJ: Heart Sound Entertainment      /      BAR SERVICE:  LA Speakeasy      /    BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES: Lulu's     /      GROOMSMEN SUITS: Friar Tux      LIGHTING: Stecklair Events


Comments

Cecily H. said…
Hi there! I love EVERYTHING about your wedding! Where in Mexico did you purchase the Talavera accents? I want something similar for my own wedding but am having trouble finding them inexpensive.