[LAFW] CONCEPT FASHION WEEK SS 2012: DAY ONE


NUVULA
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

S&GPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

SACHIKAPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket  I have  always said that the city of Los Angeles is a city full of diversity whether it be in cultures, lifestyles and in this case fashion.  Just like Los Angeles, Concept Fashion Week LA was just as diverse overall and very much so the first opening night.   Night one of Concept featured fashion shows by Nuvula, S&G and Sachika.  Above are photos of the show's highlights from my eyes, and below  I share some of my notes from each show: NUVULA: The Nuvula fashion show was fun, bright with a little bit of whimsy.  Nuvula was the perfect collection to kick off LA Concept fashion week with it's "not too serious" vibe.  The vibrant use of geometric color blocking and the fringe was my favorite part of the designs. S&G:  As soon as the music came on and Lil Wayne's "Six Foot Seven Foot" song bumped through the speakers I knew this collection was going to feature an urban edge.  My favorites were the majority of the menswear looks and the very detailed, very well designed and well made leather jackets. SACHIKA:The Sachika collection featured body conscious dresses for  women who are not afraid to flaunt the curves.  The Sachika  Spring / Summer 2012 collection was inspired by mermaids and that was clearly visible as the models walked down the runway sporting the "wet hair" look along with gold eyebrows. 
 
Stay tuned for more coverage from LA Concept Fashion week!

xx
Ariana

Comments

Victoria said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said…
great photos! I really like the bright colors and cut outs from Nuvula. Super casual and fun.

xo Victoria http://curiouschase.blogspot.com
The Key To Chic said…
The geometric pieces in the Nuvula show really stand out. Unfortunately, I didn't see these shows in person, but fortunately, I get to see what I missed on your blog! I can't wait to see more!