[Street Style] Black and White Graphic Prints

[on Ariana]
 top: UO (similar style)   /     skirt: Peter Pilotto for Target     /     shoes: Marc Fisher at Macy's (similar style)    /    handbag: Michael Kors

Hola!  So I have long returned from the non-blogging grave I had previously buried myself into.  I have noticed that I have been resorting back to basic closet staples and pieces.  I no longer reach for the super bright and funky colors and pieces, although I miss the eclectic-ness of mixing and matching these pieces.... it's okay.  I have added basic staples to my wardrobe (in black of course).  These tried and true pieces, such as my go-to black bag and black stacked heels are life (I must I say closet) savers!

Even though I am in a basic black, neutral stage, this does not mean I can't add a little eclectic vibe and spontaneity to my looks.  Here I combined two graphic black and white prints to add a little "it" factor.

Here are some tips when mixing prints:

- Make sure that both prints are proportionately compatible.  Many times if the prints are very similar in size and color, they will just blend in with each other and there will be no contrast between the mixing pieces.  Remember, we want contrast, if not we might look like a large printed blob.

- Don't be afraid to try!  Many times, when looking at the prints sparely we might think " woah this is going to be too much", I recommend you hold them up to each other to get a feel for the combination and you can be surprised by how they "work" together.

If you are not sure, have someone take a picture of you wearing the mixed prints (or you can take a selfie).  Many times we have to step back and look at the overall mix of prints from a different perspective.  If the print mix combination looks off in the photo, then chances are it's not a good combo.

- Lastly, have fun with it! Remember, it's just fashion and at the end of the day if you love what you are wearing, then that's all that matters!


xo, 

Ari

Comments

great tips! love, love this look in you! the skirt is fab <3
Anonymous said…
you're lovely