[Ari de Vaga] Sierra de Valparaiso, Zacatecas Mexico

Destination: Paraiso Resort La Sierra, Valparaiso Zacatecas Mexico
This has been a long time in the making, more dedicated travel and destination posts for the blog.  Yes, this started as a "fashion" blog, but the older I get the more I am addicted to travel and the more I want to share about it.  In addition majority of my spending money goes to my travel fund.  Meaning that my new motto is "shop less, travel more".  Call it maturing or whatever, but I find a lot more value in collecting experiences and moments than accumulating closets full of "stuff".  Of course, I still love to shop and all that, however trying to shop smarter and having a carefully edited wardrobe that is both functional and affordable is my new thing.   I have decided to incorporate more of my travel adventures here on the blog and what better timing to get going than now that I have a fresh new start this year and I just got back from a very beautiful Mexico trip.  I visited the "homeland" Zacatecas, Mexico the state that both my parents are from,  the state of Jalisco and spent a few days beach side in Los Cabos.  I will be sharing about all the different places I was able to explore while on this trip.  I must say this was a very special trip, my Mexican culture is a huge part of who I am, so it felt great to be back in Mexico and to take in all the beautiful sights, colorful inspiration and delicious food Mexico has to offer.
 
On this trip, I made stops in Zacatecas city capital of the state of Zacatecas, Tequila, Guadalajara & Tlaquepaque all in the state of Jalisco and lastly San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas in Los Cabos.  
My first stop was Valparaiso, Zacatecas.  A very small town, which happens to be my father's hometown and to be honest the only reason why I visited.  I had been to this town many, many times before as a child on our family vacations thinking there wasn't anything new to see, I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are a lot of eco-tourism opportunities just minutes outside the town.  I was able to spend the day up in a log cabin in the Sierra of Valparaiso with gorgeous views all around. This was very unexpected and a new discovery for me.  I intend to visit again but with more time to spend and with my entire family to explore the gorgeous and untouched Sierra de Valparaiso. There are more cabins similar to this one available to rent out as vacation homes through the Paraiso Resort Website.  Above I have shared some of my favorite photos from the Sierra.  More Mexico adventures to follow! 
xx

Ariana Cabral

Comments