[Ari de Vaga] Zacatecas Cuidad de Mi Corazon

My LOVE for this city is more than obvious I spent all my time snapping away, here are some of my favorites captures.
 
The second stop while on my Mexican vacation was the capital city of Zacatecas, Zacatecas. Both of my parents are from the state of Zacatecas, Mexico and as a child I visited quite often since ALL of our family vacations where to the state of Zacatecas. Year after year we always visited the same small and rural area my parents originated from and spent their childhood in.  I didn't get to explore the capital city of Zacatecas (the largest city in the state) until I was a teen and let me tell you....I  instantly fell in love with the city because of its colonial charm.  So naturally, I had to make it back after what seems like an eternity of not visiting.  I am very, VERY proud to share that the city of Zacatecas earned recognition as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1993.  The city was founded in 1546 with it's breathtaking baroque architecture dating back to the 16th and 17th centuries.  I can go on and on forever because I am and will forever be in love with this city, but I will stop by saying that it's a magical destination.  If I have peaked your interest feel free to check out the city's tourism page for a lot more information.  More on my Mexico trip to follow!

xx

Ariana Cabral

Comments