[S T Y L E] DENIM COAT: Three Ways


THE DENIM COAT
three ways
Very happy to be braking up ALL the wedding content with some fashion, finally!   With the wedding and with my recent move my shopping budget has been pretty much non-existent.  This has forced me to  use and re-use pieces that have been in my closet for a long time, more than ever.  This has always been the case, but this time around it has been a little more extreme and more of a challenge.  Ultimately, I am all for a challenge when it comes to fashion so it has been fun mixing and matching to get the most wear and use from existing pieces in my wardrobe as well as shopping smartly and strategically for new additions that will extend my wardrobe even further.

This challenge has inspired me to start a new series of blog posts about a realistic point a view when it comes to shopping and building a wardrobe.   I will be using the items I already have in my closet to pull together some amazing wearable looks and shopping smartly to add  to my existing wardrobe.  Follow along! First up - one of my favorite fall transition pieces  styled three ways, my long denim jacket  coat!

one 
DENIM COAT + DENIM SKIRT

Long layered pieces are a must for the transition between summer to fall.  I am in Southern California, so  I am able to get away with skirts and dresses during fall.  I paired the denim coat with my "go-to" button down denim skirt and my favorite animal print booties.  There is something so fresh about denim paired with a dark leopard print that never gets old.  

two 
DENIM COAT + LBD

This was a super  easy outfit to put together and is perfect for those days when you want an outfit to carry you through the day.  I bought these white Topshop block heels from Nordstrom Rack for my bridal shower and truth be told... I can't stop wearing them with EVERYTHING.  Block chunky heels for the win.  The black dress is a simple "little black dress" that I have had for years.

three
DENIM COAT + LEVIS JEANS


I must say this is my favorite of the three outfits.  I love the mixing of extremes and I feel the velvet platforms and silk cami paired with the jeans does just that.  Vintage inspired gold accents finish off the look.  The velvet pumps are from my wedding, the jeans are a pair of Levi's Wedgie Cut jeans that I have been wearing extensively for the last year and the purse is one of my favorite additions to my collection by Rebecca Minkoff.  

These three outfits were created using pieces already in my closet, therefore I was not able to link any of these pieces for you but have rounded up similar pieces below!   I do want to  encourage you to "shop" your closet for pieces that you may be able to re-work into new outfits.  It's a challenge, but a very fun and sustainable one.





Now tell me, which look was your favorite!?

Ariana Cabral Lopez


Comments